What are the income tax implications associated with working abroad?

Home Forums Day 14 – Taxes, Wrap-up & Pro Tips What are the income tax implications associated with working abroad?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sean Tierney 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous Nomad
    Participant

My Achievements

You’re on the map! Icon

For US citizens working abroad, what (if any) tax implications exist? Are there positives or negatives associated with this practice and what does the digital nomad need to know in advance about doing taxes for a year spent working abroad?

Sean Tierney
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Know it all IconSpace Cowboy IconThrowin’ Down IconNavigator IconLight it up IconCelebrity IconEngaged IconWorld Traveler Icon3 Day Login Streak IconBaller IconEdison Icon

First, I am not a CPA and also I cannot speak for the experience of non-US citizens but absolutely there are dramatic tax implications (in a positive way) for nomadic “itinerant” workers. This is a huge topic and it’s covered in depth in the intermediate Nomad Prep course but suffice it to say there is something called the FEIE which you should research as it can pay for your entire year abroad if done properly. We have a full 1-hr webinar with a CPA who has successfully secured the FEIE for hundreds of nomadic workers and he will take you through all of the qualifying factors, key preparatory steps and make you aware of the potential gotchas for taking advantage of this program. 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.