Introduce yourself!

Home Forums Day 01: Getting Organized Introduce yourself!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Cindy Clough 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Sean Tierney
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Know it all IconSpace Cowboy IconThrowin’ Down IconNavigator IconLight it up IconCelebrity IconEngaged IconWorld Traveler Icon3 Day Login Streak IconBaller IconEdison Icon

Tell us a little about yourself:

• Where in the world are you now?
    • What motivates you to want to become a digital nomad?
    • What are you hoping to get out of this course?
    • What’s something ridiculous about yourself that you’re willing to share?

Sean Tierney
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Know it all IconSpace Cowboy IconThrowin’ Down IconNavigator IconLight it up IconCelebrity IconEngaged IconWorld Traveler Icon3 Day Login Streak IconBaller IconEdison Icon

…and I’ll kick it off…

• Tell us a little about yourself:
      I’m Sean, founder of NomadPrep and Director of Sales for Pagely, Inc. My first introduction to nomadic working was via Remote Year. I was in the Darien cohort from May 2016- May 2017. You can read more from me on my personal blog here.
    • Where in the world are you now?
      I’m currently living in Mexico City but just recently got my residency visa for Portugal and will be moving to Lisbon on Feb 5th.
    • What motivates you to want to become a digital nomad?
      So I wrote a long post before I departed for Remote Year but the TLDR; is I believe this type of travel awakens us in miraculous ways and that cultural exchange where you go and truly immerse yourself in other living situations is the fastest accelerant to personal growth. Beyond that though you leave immeasurable ripples wherever you go and there’s no way to quantify the impact you have on the locals in all these places you go.
    • What are you hoping to get out of this course?
      ummm… students? 😉

• What’s something ridiculous about yourself that you’re willing to share?
    • The day I left for Remote Year I arrived at the airport only to realize I had left my laptop on the kitchen counter at my parents’ place. Yep. The guy who is advising you on how to prepare effectively didn’t even make it to the airport with his laptop on his departure flight. Fortunately I had left with plenty of time to spare and was able to run back and grab it but, yea, that’s who you’re learning from here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• This reply was modified 11 months, 4 weeks ago by  Sean Tierney.
    • This reply was modified 11 months, 4 weeks ago by  Sean Tierney.

Don Henderson
    Participant

My Achievements

Throwin’ Down Icon3 Day Login Streak IconYou’re on the map! IconGold Star IconEdison Icon

Hi, I’m Don and here’s a little about myself.

Where in the world are you now?
    I’m in Denver Colorado, USA, working for a government agency, and in the process of convincing them to let me take my job on the road. So far so good, but no final decision. I’m part of the Denali cohort of Remote Year, leaving for Lisbon at the end of May.

What motivates you to want to become a digital nomad?
    Before I get too old, I want to be able to enjoy travel and get to know other cultures. So, since I’m not able to retire just yet, this is the perfect way to have the best of both worlds.

What are you hoping to get out of this course?
    Everything about working from the road long-term is a little murky to me, especially the phone, packing, and internet security situation. Not to mention visas and vaccinations!

jeff abercrombie
    Participant

My Achievements

You’ve got heart! IconSpace Cowboy IconThrowin’ Down IconLight it up IconHeavy Lifter IconWorld Traveler Icon3 Day Login Streak IconYou’re on the map! IconEdison Icon

Hey. I’m Jeff and I’m coming from Seattle. I’ve been trying to expand my resume in international business for a couple years with little success. In January, I decided to take control of my destiny and signed up for Remote Year. I convinced my employer to make an exception and embrace the remote worker program. I leave in June for twelve months and I intend to just keep going.
    I’m a project manager in technology industries and an entrepreneur working on a couple startups. On the side, I love music festivals and plan to see a couple while I’m in Europe and Asia.

Whitney Bateson
    Participant

My Achievements

Throwin’ Down IconNavigator Icon3 Day Login Streak IconYou’re on the map! IconEdison Icon

Hi! I’m Whitney in Washington DC. I’ll be joining the Curie Remote Year program at the end of September and saw your course on Slack – and I’m so thankful! Reviewing the checklist and everything already has shown me this really is a one-stop-shop!

Anyway enough with the gratitude, back to the questions!

What motivates you to want to become a digital nomad?
    I took a trip to Bali a few months ago and had an inkling I would want to get back out there after I came back. I’ve only recently started traveling solo and far&wide, but much like you Sean, I feel that travel opens something up inside of me that makes me a better human, more alive, and happy.

What are you hoping to get out of this course?
    I just started my business so I want to be 100% prepared for this trip so I can continue to grow my business successfully while abroad.

What’s something ridiculous about yourself that you’re willing to share?
    That’s a tough one… let’s just go with this: I’ve created a playlist on Spotify that I work out almost exclusively to with all sorts of rock/woman-empowerment songs and I’ve named it “Bad*ss B*tch” 😀

Cindy Clough
    Participant

My Achievements

3 Day Login Streak IconYou’re on the map! Icon

Hi! I’m Cindy & was born & bred in Georgia, USA – and I’m still here, but I love to travel. My husband & I hope to live a nomad year once he retires. I’m hoping that through this course I’ll gain knowledge and confidence that we’ve covered all of our bases before departing.

Something ridiculous? I can touch my nose with my tongue. However, that question might be better answered by my sisters…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.