How were the accommodations on Remote Year?

Home Forums Day 09 – Program-specific orientation How were the accommodations on Remote Year?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous Nomad
    Participant

My Achievements

You’re on the map! Icon

What were they like overall? Did you ever live in a place that was intolerable and how is that situation handled if you just find you can’t live somewhere?

Sean Tierney
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Know it all IconSpace Cowboy IconThrowin’ Down IconNavigator IconLight it up IconCelebrity IconEngaged IconWorld Traveler Icon3 Day Login Streak IconBaller IconEdison Icon

We had 12 months and 12 different apartments on Remote Year. I’d say:

• 9 were good
    • 1 was stellar (Bogota, Colombia)
    • 2 were crumby (Rabat & Lima)

Rabat was a Riad and the uniqueness of the dwelling and living in a Medina made up for the fact that there was mold and drainage issues. I ended up moving out of my place in Lima because I was allergic to something there. In all, Remote Year was very accommodating in putting me into a different spot in Lima once it became clear that I was allergic to something in my first apartment. 

I did a video in every city we stayed that showed the accommodations and the workspace. If you want to watch a sampling of those and get a feel for the apartments in which we lived see those videos here on my blog. 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.