Any recommendation on an app to print/mail photos to non-tech-savvy friends?

Home Forums Day 10 – Memories preservation Any recommendation on an app to print/mail photos to non-tech-savvy friends?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sean Tierney 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous Nomad
    Participant

My Achievements

You’re on the map! Icon

Yes I know it’s ridiculous but some of my friends don’t use computers. Are there any services which make it simple to hit people up with printed versions of the digital pictures we’re all so used to sharing via various services?

Sean Tierney
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Know it all IconSpace Cowboy IconThrowin’ Down IconNavigator IconLight it up IconCelebrity IconEngaged IconWorld Traveler Icon3 Day Login Streak IconBaller IconEdison Icon

Yes, check out TouchNote. Simple app that lets you turn any digital photo in your phone into a postcard and send it remotely. You can write a little message (even in what appears to be handwriting) and address it and have it mailed all from your phone in about 3min. It’s a very handy app that makes sending post cards way easier and also allows you to send more personal post cards that you’ve taken yourself. Highly recommend.

Sean Tierney
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Know it all IconSpace Cowboy IconThrowin’ Down IconNavigator IconLight it up IconCelebrity IconEngaged IconWorld Traveler Icon3 Day Login Streak IconBaller IconEdison Icon

So some good news for you: provided you’re out of contract with your carrier, they have to by law unlock your phone upon request. I just went through this with T-Mobile as a matter of fact and while it was mildly a PITA it took about an hour of futzing on the phone with a rep and then another 24hrs before the phone was actually unlocked and able to use a local TELCEL SIM card in Mexico. For T-Mobile check your eligibility and follow the instructions here. I can confirm it does work but is indeed annoying in terms of the hamster maze you have to run to make it happen.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.