Reply To: Introduce yourself!

Home Forums Day 01: Getting Organized Introduce yourself! Reply To: Introduce yourself!

Sean Tierney
Keymaster

My Achievements

Know it all IconSpace Cowboy IconThrowin’ Down IconNavigator IconLight it up IconCelebrity IconEngaged IconWorld Traveler Icon3 Day Login Streak IconBaller IconEdison Icon

…and I’ll kick it off…

• Tell us a little about yourself:
    I’m Sean, founder of NomadPrep and Director of Sales for Pagely, Inc. My first introduction to nomadic working was via Remote Year. I was in the Darien cohort from May 2016- May 2017. You can read more from me on my personal blog here.
  • Where in the world are you now?
    I’m currently living in Mexico City but just recently got my residency visa for Portugal and will be moving to Lisbon on Feb 5th.
  • What motivates you to want to become a digital nomad?
    So I wrote a long post before I departed for Remote Year but the TLDR; is I believe this type of travel awakens us in miraculous ways and that cultural exchange where you go and truly immerse yourself in other living situations is the fastest accelerant to personal growth. Beyond that though you leave immeasurable ripples wherever you go and there’s no way to quantify the impact you have on the locals in all these places you go.
  • What are you hoping to get out of this course?
    ummm… students? 😉

• What’s something ridiculous about yourself that you’re willing to share?
  • The day I left for Remote Year I arrived at the airport only to realize I had left my laptop on the kitchen counter at my parents’ place. Yep. The guy who is advising you on how to prepare effectively didn’t even make it to the airport with his laptop on his departure flight. Fortunately I had left with plenty of time to spare and was able to run back and grab it but, yea, that’s who you’re learning from here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯